[ST] Original battery

STeve:
I had the original battery in my '00 ST at 32+K miles when I traded it in. I bought the bike (new) in November of '99 and the battery was always strong. I ride almost every day throughout the year like you. I wouldn't worry about the battery.
When you stop briefly to top up the tank with a hot engine, the pistons and cylinders start to expand/contract at slightly different rates as the engine cools. Restarting can be a bit difficult after the oil drains away and the pistons expand a bit.
Keep on riding,
Howard Stephen Serlick
Blue '03 ST
Philadelphia