From: st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Masiak, Richard
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 2:31 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ST] Real Sprint Question

Well, it's not #1 and #2 is definitely not the problem.  So that leaves #3.  By blown seal you mean head gasket?  I took a look around the valve cover gasket and there's no apparent oil leak there.

I'll look lower.  But if it is a head gasket, isn't that done by over revving the engine?  I don't rev past 7000 RPM and that's only during aggressive acceleration off the line.  I cruise around 5000 RPM.

The oil spray on my thigh is very light.  Nothing major yet and my oil level is fine, so if I am losing oil it's not much.

I'll try giving the engine a thorough degreasing and cleaning, then see if anything shows up again.  If it's not the engine itself, it may be the build up of road grime and grease finally shedding.

THX