Re:[ST] fuel consumption

He tells me he uses between 4.5 and 5.0 liters per 100 kms,
20 to 22 kms per liter. According to him he never does less
than 330kms before hitting reserve, and most of his riding
is commuting through traffic to work and back. (330 kms is
206 miles).

I was shattered, I use 6.0 to 6.5, and usually hit reserve
at 230/250 kms.

I know he rides more gently than me, but I had no idea it
would make such a difference.

I've got a 2001 RS, i haven't made precise measurements yet,
but i seem to always run past the 300km mark before hitting
reserve. I'd say my average rpm is 4000, usually shifting
between 4500 and 5000. You probably like to rev it up a bit
more before shifting... ?

G -

------------ ALICE HAUT DEBIT A 29,95 EUR/MOIS ------------
ALICEBOX, l'offre Internet tout en 1 : ADSL, téléphonie, modem Wi-Fi et en exclusivité
la hotline gratuite 24h/24 ! Soumis à conditions. Pour en profiter cliquez ici http://abonnement.aliceadsl.fr