RE: [ST] Heated Grips

Here's my post from last week:

I've installed hot grips on my last two bikes and will continue to do
so in the future.  My ST has Kimpex grip heaters from
http://store.azmusa.com/kigrhekit.html .
Tech tip:  to keep the heat even from side to side, buy a spare
throttle sleeve & grip - about $13 from your dealer - trim off the end
which attaches to the cable(s) and pop-rivet it to the left handlebar.
With the heating element installed on it, the sleeve will act as an
insulator to keep the bar from absorbing the heat.

I've never liked the two-position switches which seem like 'too hot'
and 'really too hot', so I installed a rheostatic control from
http://www.warmnsafe.com/motorcycle_handgrips.php .

--
Rick

> Living in FL, I've not paid attention to the discussions on heated
> grips (other than to see that when it is cold, they are a
must-have),