RE: [ST] re: First Sprint ST Ride

>From: George Chacko
>Hello all!  I sold my 2002 BMW R1150R a couple of weeks ago and flew
>in to Austin, TX to pick up a '99 Sprint ST with 12000 miles on it.
>..surprisingly comfortable with the forward position... dives quite
>a bit....So much smoother than the flat-twin.

Hi GC,
I had a R1150GS before which was nice, but in comparison the Sprint
is so nice, smooth and powerful. And indeed, I also find the light
forward riding position much more ergonomical for the entire body
and especially my back. There's a few things that Triumph doesn't
set up very well with their (old) Triumphs. If the previous owner
didn't do it already, get the relay that will have both headlights
work, get 2 Philips topvision bulbs (not the bluevisions) and aim
them correctly (stock angle too low). Also crank up the preload in
the rear (small hole in the left side of the rear fairing) and crank
the preload in the front way up as well (turn the screws on top of
the front springs in a lot). That's probably what's causing the
significant dive, it will improve high speed cornering stability too.

If you haven't got cases yet and want to do touring, be aware that
besides the Triumph cases there is also a SW-motech option that
will enable the use of Givi / Krauser / Hepco Becker cases. Givi's
are better quality than the Triumphs and the whole setup is half
the price compared to the Triumph cases. What color is your Sprint?
Cheers,

Emile
Almere, Netherlands
www.piloot.com