Re: [ST] unsubscibe me

>From: Sprint ST
>Game, set, match - this proves my point.  Just because you're a
>self-professed email or web "expert" doesn't make you a board member
>of MENSA. Rod

I agree with you, Rod. Rob asked politely (using the word please even)
to be taken of the mailing list. When you've subscribed to this list
before the site was set up for it, you know it had to do with sending
the right commands to some kind of email. I remember long ago when I
was still an internet roockie that this majordomo stuff was amazingly
weird and confusing, not knowing that email addresses can also belong
to computers instead of persons.

I also know that I had a relative hard way (in a way that I can realize
that a non-webexpert could be quickly confused) when changing my settings
on the triumphnet site when going on vacation. It wasn't very user-
friendly (although simpler than majordomo commands... I still have no
idea who Major Domo is...;-)) and it wouldn't save / remember my changed
settings unless I marked something called "global" (which probably is
used when you are subscribed to multiple mailing lists thru the same
system). I believe I also had to figure out how to get a password before
getting into the system anyway.

For some people it's hard to understand how complex stuff can be when
you're so used to it yourself, they can't remember how it was when they
were online for the first time. Others just like to put people down
like that, it makes them feel better about themselves I guess. A bit
more respect for each other would be nice...

Emile
www.piloot.com