[ST] The lost art of ride reports

Well, ride reports seem to have dropped off this list as quickly as Steve Duncan.  With the idea of bringing them back, the added thought that some people enjoy them, and fact that today's ride (9 AM to 6 PM - nice long ride) was particularly amusing.  My travel mate first posted to our local list when he got home, and I then added some commentary.  Read from the bottom up for what I believe to be one of the more uniques rides....

Matt Heyer

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Matthew Heyer <matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx>
To: DCRATS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, April 1, 2006 8:23:31 PM
Subject: Re: [DCRATS] Sprint ST really is a versatile machine

Ahhh - to have beer at the end of it all, with a smile on the face, a good story, and nobody hurt.  Was truly a fun day.  Ken and I seem to be making a habit of some more interesting rides - so be ware for those who chime in to join us on our next adventure!!  Although, for those brave souls it truly is some good riding.

Some other interesting notes that Ken left out include a bird that came within inches of hitting me in the head at maybe 60 mph (I jerked so violently to avoid it, Ken actually wondered when we stopped if I had hit it); some old guy on a harley who was accelerating over 100 mph up a substantially steep hill keeping up with us (and I thought passing him was going to be easy....); and maybe the most dangerous thing to try to avoid were the legions of cyclists taking up the road as we headed out of New Market.

And to show for it all, Ken and I have some of the cheapest, ugliest sweatshirts on the face of the planet (actually, I paid a little more for mine to be less ugly...) - a necessitated purchase in a gift shop in Breezewood in the middle of our ride.....oh the stories.....

Matt