Re: [ST] Oil

In a message dated 4/2/2006 10:49:07 A.M. Central Standard Time,
sdropp@xxxxxxxxx writes:

go to  the dealership and get
Synthetic oil or is it good enough to go to the auto  store or target
and get any synthetic oil.

Greetings Stephen,
  I've been using Mobil 1  15W-50 (red cap) in my '95 1200  Trophy for 98,540
mi. I change my oil & filter every 5,000 mi it uses no oil  between changes,
has excelent compression and has had no issues  what-so-ever. I'm using the
same in my 03 ST and will switch to the gold cap  (Mobil 1 Extended Performance
15W-50) as soon as I run out of the "red".  I've talked to a Mobil oil chemist
who's told me that the gold is much the same  as the red as far as we're
concerned, and to change your oil as per your  manufactors recomendations. Just
make sure you engine is broken-in (6K-7K mi)  before starting to use any
synthetic.

 Don Kames
  03 ST in ILL