[ST] Chain Information

So I may be looking into a new chain.  That said, I'm a bit ignorant as to what all of the numbering/codes mean.  In my little bit of searching, it appears that the first number (525, 530, 630, etc) is about a tensile strength - and the higher the number, the greater the tensile strength.  The letter designation after this first number then appears the be the type of chain (o-ring, x-ring, and other variations).  However, this is still confusing as RK and DID use some strange coding here.  Lastly, I know that the ST uses a 108-link chain - am I correct that you just buy one longer than that and take it down to what you need?

Any corrections to what I have put together above, and any other additional information would be greatly appreciated.  That said, looks like I am getting an X-ring of some kind.

Matt Heyer