[ST] oil and CSI/Triumph rant

All the info that has been coming in has been great.
I have to say that joining this list has been one of the best
things I have done since I bought my bike. anybody that
rides a bike should join a list like this.
By the way I have an 2000 ST with 11,500 miles on it.
I bought it last year with 8,200 miles. I should be riding it more
but I went from a '72 honda 350 to a 955 so I am still getting my
confidence up on this wonderful bike. I will say that I will be a
Triumph guy for the rest of my life.

Now for a gripe. I am watching CSI: NY tonight and I see that they
show the murderer on a bike and it is obviously a Sprint (3 head light
config was the give away.) then they say the guy was on a NAKED
Suzuki sv650! CRIMENY! sorry for the Milwaukeeism (where is the
bubbler?)
I do not know if it was an ST or an RS but why can't they say it is a
Triumph?
Is it because people in the US really don't know what a Triumph is? I
know
I have had people ask me what kind of bike I have, and when I say
Triumph
they ask if it is a Honda, (insert brand here) Triumph? I even had
some guy
here tell me that Triumph wasn't English but American, after a couple
of minutes
he did admit that he had been thinking about Indian. Is the lack of
knowledge of
Triumph because I live in Harley town? or are they that rare in the
US? well it
just aggravates me that they can not just say it is a Triumph when it
is obvious.
Sorry about the rant, if it weren't for the wine I probably wouldn't
have
gone on so much but I love Triumph and I want them to get the
recognition.

By the way I did meet a guy on a very unique Daytona, silver with a
chromed frame and wheels
I will get a picture as soon as I can, it was really nice. Hes is
going to join our riding group soon.