Re: [ST] Daytona 675

---- Kevin Byram <blubyu352@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How much does one need to spend to turn a Gixxer into a sport-tourer? Maybe they could also look at turning the Triumph Scrambler into a motocrosser?

For solo SPORT-touring: Helibars, taller windscreen and soft luggage. Suzuki makes some nice seats, but maybe update that too. Well under $1000 and are mods many people do a Sprint (or any sport-touring bike) anyways. It will be 100 pounds lighter, better suspended, better brakes and faster than the Sprint. Just about better in every possible way unless you need massive tank range or demand hard luggage.

Which is why I now sport-tour on a Kawi 636 sportbike and my trusty old Sprint RS is my beater/backup bike (commuting, two-up, RAT rides). FWIW, I'm almost 46 years old and find I can do all-day rides on the Ninja bike just fine. Was out for almost 12 hours on Sunday. The big kicker is if you have physical issues with sporty ergos (bad knees, etc).

Garry