Re: [ST] Ventura Bike-Rack

I've had the Ventura system on all three of my Sprint's dating back to 1999 and
have experienced no problems.

Unfortunately I have to tote a laptop to and from work so the Ventura bag is
ideal, keep in mind the bag iteslf is not waterproof though.  Also, be careful
not to overload the rack, is best to have the bag sitting on the pillion seat
when you leave the wife at home.  This is the reason Ventura will not sell the
rack without the bag, they strongly advise only using their bag with the rack.
This could be a marketing ploy but I reckon the tubing wouldn't take a real
heavy load, especially over rough surfaces.

Another thing with the Ventura rack is the little knurled knobs that you attach
the removable rack with.  Don't overtighten these as they will puncture the
steel tubing!  This, by the way, is how I found out that Ventura don't sell the
rack without the bag...

--
Michael Browne
BRG ST