Re: [ST] Ventura Bike-Rack

My '99 ST had a Ventura rack when I bought it.

For the most part it served pretty well. I ended up changing to the Triumph
top box as I needed the practicality and security. I got real tired of having
carry the bag with me everytime I left the bike.

Some things I learned about the rack in addition to whats already been
mentioned -

Dont let your pillion use it as a back rest. They're just not designed for it
and will eventually bend/break. Trust me on this one.

The brackets on mine rubbed on the underside of the rear fairings and wore a
nice "trench" in both bits of plastic. Although not visible, it annoyed me
that it happened.

Put Neverseize or similar grease on the threads and meetings points of the
tubing. In a corrosive or moist environment they can rust quite quickly and
seize.

The bags are very durable. Mine had had two years worth of use when I got it.
I used it almost everyday commuting/touring in all weather and had it loaded
to bursting point a lot. It faded quite quickly and some of the stitching
started to show signs of wear but it gave me two years of faithful service. It now
resides on the rack of a mates RF900, where it has faded and frayed more over
a further three years, but is still faithfully carrying stuff.

Brett.