Re: [ST] damnitalltoheck

On Thursday 06 April 2006 19:23, David Jonas wrote:

> As soon as you can, get back on that bike of yours and get
> over the inevitable heebie-jeebies.  I still have them, but am currently
> getting over them.  Get right back on that horse, as they say.

Yep. A car pulled out on me and broke my kneecap and toes last October, six
weeks in a cast on crutches, got back on the bike in January, and even though
I've been riding it every day to work it's only recently that the fear has
started to fade every time I see a car stopped at a junction waiting to turn
right (US=left :)

Sometimes getting a bike written off isn't the end of the world though, I was
able to replace my '93 Trophy3 (a damn good bike, but not as good as the ST)
with an '04 ST :) and the cager's insurers admitted full liability and
settled up relatively quickly.

Get well soon Steve - I found the worst thing post-accident was people who
should know better lecturing about how 'dangerous' motorcycles are. Just tell
them to $£#& off!!!!

Eoin

'04 ST955i
ex '93 Trophy3 - R.I.P.