Re: [ST] RS Question

---- fascia 1 <fascia_1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for the the infor Garry

Most people use dynos to tune air/fuel ratios by playing with jetting or FI maps. Once you get them dialed in, the torque (and therefore horspower) should follow. A few good points have been raised in other posts.

- Does the dealer have other dyno runs of Sprints or other well-known bikes to compare those numbers against what is typically suspected. Maybe his number are always a little on the low side. Your bike may be fine.

- dynos can vary a lot model to model. I know that DynoJet reads higher than another brand that works on a different principle. Even dynos of the same model can vary by operator as I understand it.

- perhaps the bike was broken in too gently and you do have a less-than-average seal on the rings

- you might have something wrong with the valves all not being totally closed on the combustion stroke.

I've suspected that my RS isn't a top performer but it runs well. Might just be the power is so smooth, you don't get that big cammy I4 hit. I think it's a bit rich due to the custom tune I'm using (PK Touring), but it's smooth. Maybe someday I'll borrow my TuneBoy back from the guy I sold it to and take the Sprint for a custom map. The Sprint is likely up for sale within the year, so that doesn't make much financial sense. But it's only a couple hundred bucks to KNOW exactly what it's doing and know it's dialed in.

Garry