[ST] fitted new rear tyre vs. getting older

Just fitted a new rear tyre.
  Bridgestone BT020 NT
  The previous one (same kind of tyre) lasted 14.952 km which is a new record for me.
  Is this tyre so much better or am I just getting older and driving slower? => So will my next bike be a Harley or a Beemer LT to suite my new riding-style? What a nightmare, I couldn't sleep of it last night ;-)

  Or do I just have to try harder. Maybe new springs and a turbokit will help me out.

  Note: I usually change rear-tyres every 10.000km.
  Note 2: My front tyre will be gone in about 1.500km and has already lasted 17.500km !

  Emile and others, please help me out. Am I starting to become an old fart?

  --Markus