Re: [ST] RE RS sump

Al Garvin wrote:
> Did you fit a new copper washer between the plug and the drain hole?
> Did the old copper washer come off with the drain plug or did it stick
> to the drain pan? You are supposed to fit a new one each time per the
> manual but some people anneal them and reuse them. Search the archives
> for how this is done. I had similar problems when I used an old copper
> washer the first time I changed my oil. Since use a new one each time
> I haven't had any problems. Don't over tighten the plug and strip the
> threads though.
> Al
>
> tim wrote:
>> I've just carried out my annual oil and filter change but things have
>> not gone as planned, :'(
>> Since refilling my sump has started to leak (not from drain or filter
>> but from approx 10mm from sump plug)
>> Has anyone had similar probs?
>> Any advice?
>>
>> tim

I have now taken a closer look and found a minute hairline crack in the
actual sump a slight distance from the drain plug ,does anyone have a
spare sump ,or even know what outrageous price Triumph  will  charge me
for ?
It looks reasonable straight forward to remove sump are there any hidden
problems i should know about?

tim