Re: [ST] Dont let the bastards get you......

On Apr 11, 2006, at 8:23 AM, John Ulizzi wrote:

> This link has files locating red light cameras in all
> the major cities. There are 39 currently in use in
> Cleveland. If this is not a violation of our
> constitutional rights to privacy, I dont know what
> is...

I have absolutely no beef with the use of red-light cameras. I would
rather have your right to privacy violated (being in public, I don't
see how that's possible) than my right to keep my legs atttached to my
body violated.

I'm against radar traps and speed cameras because speed in and off
itself doesn't kill. But going through a red light certainly can, and
my last years in San Jose I saw red light violations happening almost
on a daily basis due to the proliferation of people talking on cell
phones.

Matt Knowles
Living in a town without a singe traffic signal, and liking it.