Re: [ST] st Digest, Vol 13, Issue 34

OK chaps, am I doing something wrong?  I decided to check the rear wheel
bearings on my 2001 ST (23,000 miles) since I was replacing the chain and
sprockets.  The Haynes manual describes removal of the rear wheel by
removing the spring clip and then the large nut from the right side of the
wheel.  Easy enough and the wheel was then removed, but leaving the hub and
cush drive attached to the swing arm.  When describing how to get at the
bearings, it says to remove the hub from the wheel and refers you to the
previous section on how to remove the wheel!

Well, I've tried undoing the large (same-sized) nut on the left
(drive-chain) side, but, even using a 24 inch-long, 3/4 inch driver with
appropriate socket, I can't get it to budge.  I see no circlip or
spring-clip on this side.  Anyone have ideas apart from using a breaker-bar
(which I will do once I'm reassured I haven't missed anything.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Paul S.