Re: [ST] Check Engine light and no fuel gage 2003 ST

>>> Frederic.Nizery@xxxxxxxxxx 4/13/2006 1:51:32 AM >>>
>Nothing to worry about. Mine did that a couple of time (or more).
>When you read the error code, it means: hight impedance fuel sensor or

>something like that.
>Bad contact or disconnected fuel gauge do trigger the check engine
light.

That's what I was thinking, and I pulled the rear plastic to check the
connections, thinking that something might have happened.  Everything
looked fine, like new in fact.

>If the contact is erratic and the fuel gauge comes back up on it's
own,
>then the MIL (check engine) would come
>off after 3 complete wram up cool down cycles. If the gauge doesn't
come
>up again:
>-either the connector under the tank needs cleaning with contact spray

Good thought, I'll try that.  Don't need to buy it, as I have plenty
here at work

>You can access it by the side without removing tank, but it's tricky.

Didn't seem too bad to me, its the connector right by the fuel quick
disconnects, right?

>-or the gauge fuel sender is out (which I doubt)
>-or the connector is diconnected( which I doubt too)

I'm hoping its not either one of these (I'm pretty sure the connector's
fine), but if I can't get it to work it will go to the dealer for
warrantee repair on Apr. 28.

Dan

www.packereng.com