Re: [ST] Fw: Rear hugger install on an 01

I would appreciate some local lister assistance, but my challenge is that I am in the process of moving to a new state (Maine to Virginia). I picked up the hugger since I have a good relationship with my local shop and this was "on my list". Given what we have going on around here for the move, it wont be until mid May that I even play with it. ANOTHER reason I was thinking of just having the shop do the work.
  Todd

Bil Swartz <bil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Todd J wrote:

> Well that about sums up some of my "issues". Don't have the tools for
> removal nor have I removed the rear wheel before. So, yes, it is
> somewhat of a big deal to me. Hence my question about the wheel removal
> for the hugger (Triumph brand btw). I had talked with my service manager
> and she thought it was not nec to remove it, but wasn't totally certain.
> So, how about other tools for the job, should I expect to remove the
> brake line to route it through?
>
> I am really trying to gain a picture of the amount of work required.
> Since I have a 4 yr old boy running around, who would rather play with
> me than learn some of dad's interesting new words, I would like to
> understand my shop time needs, if possible.
>
> Thanks for the feedback folks!

I can't remember for sure but I think I installed my last hugger with the
wheel "in situ". You definitely have to take off the brake line cover and
the chain gaurd that's in place now, as the Triumph hugger came attached
to a new chain gaurd.

But it would be way easier with the wheel off. Where are you located?
Perhaps there is a liSTer close enough to help.

--

._O_. '03 Sprint ST
-Bil- /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport /~\