Re: [ST] Wiring Loom - Help ID some connectors...?

On 15 Apr 2006, at 02:29, Emile Nossin wrote:

> It looks like a homemade set of connectors. You could find out
> how they are switched by holding a voltmeter against the wire
> (I guess one of those screwdrivers with lights in them for
> electrical work can do the trick as well) and see what it
> does with the ignition on/off, lights on/off etc. Voltmeters
> are very cheap and simple to use even if you don't understand
> the numbers... zero volt is no juice :-).

I don't think they are home-made - they appear to come cleanly right
out of the loom, so if they are something added later whoever did it
was very tidy.  The two push-connector leads maybe, but the square
connector seems very specific - but what it is for remains a
mystery.  I bought the bike from its original owner, and he'd had the
dealer do all the work he had done on the bike.  He passed on
everything he had when he sold it, so if there was some device he'd
had fitted that used the connections I guess that would have come too.

I'll have a poke about with a voltmeter, but suspect I'll end up
doing as Kevin suggested and simply tapping one of the break light
lines.  Never been very good at relays... ;)

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03