Re: [ST] for Brett - fuel economy

Brett,
I'm not saying that it isn't done in the USA but everywhere I've been and
that's been pretty broad, there have been weights and measures inspections
of the pumps to insure that they pumped the correct amount.  In most places
there are random inspections and the ability to issue complaints.  It would
be rather expensive to heat the fuel as well.  Most of the scams that I am
aware of where just tampering with the pump to pump less gas than the sale
price indicated.

Just an FYI, I rode yesterday and today on my 02 ST.  Yesterday I averaged
about 48 mph while moving (used GPS to track).  Went from 600 to 6000 feet
of altitude, and less than 1/3 of the trip was where I could maintain a
steady pace.  Mileage 50 mpg.  Today I averaged 57 mph and about half the
trip was about 70 mph cruise and half pure twisties.  Mileage dropped to 44
mpg.  From this I would guess that if I could sit on a four lane at about 60
mph (or even 70 on the speedo) I would run near 55 mpg or possibly more.

deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin