Re: [ST] for Brett - fuel economy

>From: Joel Ashman
>Also, if you throw some moisture into there, like on a good cool foggy
>night, combustion process is even more efficient.  My old truck used love
>those nights.

Precipitation good for fuel efficiency? I doubt that... Besides the
fact that carbed engines get a higher chance of carb icing (also at
temps way above freezing) the moisture replaces air which means you
should lean the fuel to get to the same ideal burn mixture. Less fuel =
less energy. Your truck probably liked the coolness though (= more
air density... moisture should make the air density higher).
The foggy conditions indicate clear skies (earth radiation will cool
down the soil quicker), so that should indeed be a cold night.

Emile
www.piloot.com