Re: [ST] for Brett - fuel economy

>From: Joel Ashman
>Hey Emile, Good info!  Pilots are always good for knowing engine workings
>when relating to temp, altitude and pressure.

Oh, I don't know about that. Pilots only get the basics, we're not
mechanics. Pilots often THINK they know a lot though ;-).

>Did you ever hear of a water injection system for engines?

Yes... on jet engines. But that's because their maximum power (on
older engines) was limited to the maximum temperature of the core
of the engines. So old 747's had water injection so they would be
able to take more payload and still lift off in time (eventhough
the water was weight too of course).

On pistons I don't know about water injection, that's beyond my
basic knowledge (or must be old or racing technology).
I'm sure there must be pages about it online though ;-).

Emile
www.piloot.com