Re: [ST] ST 2002 TINTED SCREEN

The Zero-Gravity offerings (double-bubble and Sport-Touring) are a little higher than the stock, lower and without the lip of the Triumph touring, and consequently lack the "butt-ugliness".

Matt Heyer

-----Original Message-----
From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
sprintst_2002@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, April 16, 2006 8:48 PM
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] ST 2002 TINTED SCREEN

G'day folks,

I have tried the original Triumph touring screen, did not
like it.. Seems I am too short or too tall, at 5'9" that's
unlikely.  The wind buffeting hits me right at my visor
level - nearly impossible to ride with the visor open, not
good. If I squat down it's ok, if I stretch up it's ok, but
at normal riding position :(  I've put the original back on
and the wind hits me a chest height and that's not so bad.

Also, it makes no difference to my pillion which was the
was the main reason I tried the touring screen.

So - is there such a thing as a tinted original screen - I
cant get my orignal aftermarket tinted, per the tint
supplier, it just wont take, due to being plastic and the
shape is a problem ?? Anyone tried it ??

Apart from the bad wind on the touring screen, I think it
really changes the look of the bike way too much - read
butt ugly !! It looks much more like a touring bike and I
really like the more sporty look of the original screen.

I'll keep the touring screen and if I ever sell the 2002 ST
maybe it will suit the new owner.

Cheers guys..  Harry / Sydney,OZ -  where we have had a 4
day weekend and the weather has been perfect for riding