Re: [ST] helmet lock-up

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Brian Mathis wrote:

> I've been looking for a way to lock my helmet to my bike without wasting
> space in luggage - anyone have any cool ideas that work well on a Sprint?

I have a yet-to-be-installed Helmet Gaurdian, a bracket with two
old-school helmet locks attached that goes into your license plate mount
on the rear.

I've been using some coated wire cable from the local hardware store to
thread through my jacket sleeve and helmet, they I just hang it all from
the end of the handlbar or from the luggage rack.  They sell the little
aluminium pieces you insert the ends of the cable on to form loops, hammer
'em shut.  Then add your own locking device and roll...

I've been looking at the Bar-Ender which looks like a bar end weight but
is removable with a key once installed and makes for a helmet lock.  But
I'm not sure the friction fit is compatible with our bars, and sure wish
they'd route it out to look like a Throttlemeister so it would match!

I've also seen some cable products that feature retractability, etc. but
watch out for those locks with cylinder-type keys that can easily be
opened with the end of a Bic pen.

FWIW, HIH.
--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\