Re: [ST] for Benjamin F. - Re: Counter Rotating Brakes

We are now missing the point - these counter-rotating brakes have nothing to do with increased stopping power.  They are dealing with the issue of force needed to turn a bike at high speeds.

Matt Heyer

----- Original Message ----
From: Nathan Maher <nate@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:28:19 PM
Subject: Re: [ST] for Benjamin F. - Re: Counter Rotating Brakes

donnydogood wrote:
> Had to chuckle when I read that,... it's the same exact question I asked my local dealer in 1969 when he was trying to talk me into trading-in my beloved '61 BSA Super Rocket for a new Honda CB 750 with disk brakes
>
>                                                       dowgydoodoo        - - - - o&\o

The small difference is that I've never seen a drum brake do a stoppie.
The day that F1/Indy/whateverreallyfastthing starts using counter
rotating brakes is the day I'll let them on my motorcycle.  I'm not
saying that what we've got is the best they'll ever be but at some point
the tires become the limiting factor in braking power, not the brakes.

00SprintRS "ABS Free, and happy to be that way."
Nate