Re: [ST] ST Helmet lock up

    Here's something you can try but it is not ideal.

  I found that I could loop one of the d-rings on my helmet around the seat mount catches where the forks on the seat hook into the under seat area on the bike. Sorry, I am having a little trouble describing it. There is just barely enough length on the helmet strap to drape the helmet over the side of the bike resting against the rear body panel.

  With a little care and some extra pushing you can get the seat to latch in place. This effectively locks the helmet to the side of the bike. I am thinking of adding a little metal hook to this catch area underneath the seat to more easily fit the helmet d-ring on. This should add a little lenght to the strap and not require as much pressure to latch the seat afterward.

  Be careful not to jam the seat latch. I did by accident once and had a hard time getting the key to turn in the lock to release the seat.

  This will all become unnecessary as soon as I get my panniers mounted. :)