Re: [ST] for Benjamin F. - Re: Counter Rotating Brakes

Before the new layout at Laguna Seca, the corner after the corkscrew
was turn seven. Right in the racing line for bikes turn seven had
several good bumps, which I found out about when I took the Superbike
class there in 1985. But I remember watching Kenny Roberts race there
and while other riders would come out of that corner in near tank
slappers from hitting those bumps leaned over, KR would simply lift the
front wheel through the worst bumpy section. Watching him take the
corner on one wheel was really something.

The best KR moment though was one race where the second place guy
(probably Mamola or Lawson but I forget now who it was) rear ended him
coming out of six. Not only did neither bike go down, but on the next
lap around we could see KR kicking his damaged exhaust  pipe back into
place while still leading the race. Now that is being cool under
pressure.

On Apr 18, 2006, at 11:34 AM, Masiak, Richard wrote:

>  I noticed that it appeared Rossi powered a wheelie to lift the front
> wheel off the ground and stop the front wheel wiggle.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned