Re: [ST] ST, tank slapper?

Doesn't sound like a tank slapper, but horrible news for sure.  Sorry
about the loss so close to a new ride.  I've had two what I would
consider violent slappers, both I attribute to winter weather and the
fork oil being to thick, not allowing the forks to do their job.  One
was uphill at 80mph and I hit a series of washboard bumps on the road
sending the front end bashing from lock to lock.  Scared the living S***
out of me.  Relaxed and let it correct itself.  Second was also in the
winter months passing a car at 70mph, hit a small bump in the road and
had the same effect.  Both times the slap lasted a few seconds and
corrected itself when I relaxed and didn't fight the side to side
movement of the bars.  I have never had this happen when the temperature
was warm outside and I really don't want to experience it again.

Tim