Re: [ST] 675 wins middle-weight shootout!

While I agree about the track results being a huge influence, this sort fo press helps considerably.  If so-called "expert reviewers" say it is the best, and they make it out to be the bike to have this year, then people will want it for no other reason then they want the coolest bike to have this year.  Unfortunately, that would change the wiggle-room on pricing.  Although, I'm not sure how much wiggle-room there is on the 675 as most dealers have so few and they know they will say their 6 or 10 they get for the year.

Matt Heyer

----- Original Message ----
From: "Masiak, Richard" <Richard_Masiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Matthew Heyer <matthewheyer@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:22:56 AM
Subject: RE: [ST] 675 wins middle-weight shootout!

That's nice, but how is it doing on the track?  The big four have managed to create the consumer mind set of win on Sunday, sell on Monday mentality.

If triumph isn't winning races, I doubt anyone will want it.  Except for us die hards who don't know any better ;-)

My guess is you can still negotiate on price when buying a Triumph, but if you were to want to buy an R1 (say) forget it.  They won't budge.  That's the price take it or leave it.  If you leave it, someone else will come along that will pay.

I know, because I want one and have tried at several dealerships (2 in FL and 1 out).