Re: [ST] ST avgas

Let me provide my top secret method of chain cleaning. It's so secret I'll
bet 90% of the guys on this list do steps 1 & 2 just about the same way.
1. I soak a rag in kerosene, wring it out till it doesn't drip, wrap it
around the chain and spin the back tire.  I repeat this process until all
the major gunk is gone.  Sometimes I use a toothbrush or some other brush to
assist.
2. I hit the chain with some WD-40 to displace any water but do it sparingly
because I've heard rumors that it will degrade o-rings.
3. I have changed to Dupont MultiPurpose Teflon Lubricant because it dries
dry to the touch and doesn't pick up hardly any road crud.  I think my old
Bel-Ray and PJ-1 just collect crud and formed an abrasive paste. Since
making this switch, cleaning the chain is less than a five minute job.

I think a lot of guys use variations on this method.  Next time you clean
your chain, give the Teflon stuff a try, I think you'll like it.