Re: [ST] ST, tank slapper?

I've had 2 tankslappers in my life, and I hope to never have one again.
Gack! They are scary!

The first was from the front end (of an old Honda VT500 Ascot) getting light
over the top of a rise as I was just leaning for the slight turn at the top.

The second was from a poor attempt to pull a wheelie (on said Ascot), and
when the front hit the ground, I was leaning a little to the left.  The
pegged throttle helped cause the problem, of that I'm sure.

So at least the 2nd was my fault, though it just doesn't happen on dirt
bikes, because the front wheel just 'snowplows' ahead as momentum directs it
to do.

Good to hear you are ok, Bruce!

--Joel