Re: [ST] new 06

On 4/26/06, Erik Miner <eeminer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The replacement for a pre 05 Sprint  IS a BMW K1200S.. It's
> comfortable, fast, has luggage etc... I don't believe that there's a bike
> out there with the same combination of performance, comfort,
> technolgy, and long haul ability..

Except that the K1200S bags also suck (small and I believe not
waterproof either)... I think the 2006 FJR1300AE is a bike that
is more practical than the K1200S with better bags, more comfort
options (adjustable screen, adjustable handlebar, adjustable seat,
adjustable side fairing), much bigger tank (25 vs 19 liters) for
true long haul ability and also cool technology (with the clutchless
version, making it perfect for commuter tasks and innercity creeping).

Also expensive though and perhaps, eventhough it has 144hp, still
a bit too much touring for my taste...

I'm glad to see Triumph is handling the heat issues with the isolation
pieces in the fairing (haven't heard whether it works though), they're
also bringing out new bags, but can be fitted with a SW Motech kit
that makes it compatible with all the Givi / Krauser / Hepco Becker
bags. I'm very curious to see what Honda comes up with to replace
their Blackbird though... and that Kawa ZZR1400 is interesting too,
if they could fit bags on it...

Emile
www.piloot.com