Re: [ST] waddya think?

The Forums on VWVortex.com are saying is abouta 85-90% chance that it's a
go!  The main person saying that is a large dealer from LA who has met with
VW's Moonraker team and seems to have an inside on info about it.  He also
noted that (he heard) they were trying to flip the test vehicle in some
crash testing, but were unable to.

I'm fairly certain it will be a go, given that it was introduced by VW
America's president and his choice of verbage strongly hinted at the
possibility.  Also, VW is trying to regain it's rep in the US and trying to
be US focused in it's product line (something it never really did before).
The renaming of the Golf back to the Rabbit for 07 is just one example of
this refocusing.

Now, what I really would like to see from them is that 5 cylinder racing
diesel rally car that looks like an off-road Ferrari...