Re: [ST] Fuel Economy

I really rated the ferry - it cost about £160 ( 225 euros) for 2 in a 4 berth cabin (for some strange reason a 4 berth
 costs the same as a 2 berth ). It leaves Portsmouth about 9 in the evening and arrives in Bilbao around 8 the day
after, so thats 2 nights on the boat. The all you can eat buffet costs 20 Euros and you can buy duty frees in the shop
 reasonably cheaply. Coming back ,the trip up through France was a one off experience - not using motorways saved
 some cash but the cost of  3 extra nights in hotels and about 800 miles in fuel proved more expensive than the return
 through Bilbao. The trip through France was enjoyable but the nagging from the wife about her sore knees and butt
 was'nt!!! If any of you guys ride up through France i'd really recommend this hotel
       http://www.route66hotel.com/  (sorry no hyperlink) . A really friendly owner and 50 Euros a night bed and breakfast
for a double or you can camp for 7 Euros.

                                                            Chris.