Re: [ST] new 06

I agree that the BMW is probably a great bike. I say "probably" as I stopped
short of test riding one when I saw the price and how useless the standard
luggage is. As it turned out, its worse than the Triumph boxes, but Triumph to
their credit, has taken steps to improve that.

I realise all those extras on the BMW add up, but for me the bike plus a
search for after market luggage with no help from a dealer in this regard put the
thing out of my reach at $10,000 MORE than the '05 Sprint. Value for money has
to enter the equation somewhere.

Hearing of the brake failure issues from BMW riders of late and other
problems that BMW refuse to admit to and I'm not that impressed with the after sales
service. This has to be a consideration when making a purchase such as this.

Of course the Sprint has its faults. I'm still not that impressed with the
luggage. There is the heat issue.

But I still reckon we have one fantastic all rounder for the money.

(My $0.02(AUD))

Brett.