From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Harwood
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 11:21 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] No motorcycle content: Was Fuel Economy

In the UK we call statements we don't understand, double-dutch.  Any
thoughts Emile?  Or do you just accept the blame? ;-)

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> Emile@xxxxxxxxxx 27/04/2006 15:40:21 >>>
>From: Jeremy Witt
>Which makes me wonder, it seems we American English-speakers often
>require translations from British English "slang".  Is it the other
way
>round as well or are we just less confusing?  :0)

Hmm... I think there are plenty of things to translate eastwards as
well.
I was initially just used to US english because of my vacations and
flight
training in South Carolina (and TV). Being on 2 mailing lists now with
larger UK/ Aussieland representation does require plenty of clicks to
answers.com for me. I think the UK speaking side does have a larger
share
of traditional sayings which can be confusing. Then again, Texas also
seems
to bring along a whole different culture / slang of its own :-).

If I'd use my own slang, that would be confusing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunglish

Emile
www.piloot.com