[ST] Blasting to Spain (was: RE: Fuel Economy)

>From: Gavin Lawrie
>Ahh.  Enough said.  You can get v.cheap budget airline flights to
>Santander from UK.  Maybe you could persuade Transalp riders to fly,
>and rent moped when they get there?

Well, he bought that Transalp for a reason of course :-). I can let
him ride my Sprint for some parts though. He has no trouble blasting
away on that and I know I can ride fast on a Trannie with less problems
somehow. Sometimes it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than vice versa :-).
Still, boat sounds like more fun. The French motorways are fine for
long distance touring, but I wouldn't miss them... seen 'm once... the
boat also enables a nice short tour along the southeast UK coast :-).

I also found motorail, a UK train service which, weirdly enough, rides
from Calais to Toulouse and onwards. But it stops beginning of september,
so no option there. The plymouth boat also leaves on the wrong days for me.

Emile
www.piloot.com