Re: [ST] ST alternatives

On Apr 28, 2006, at 9:23 AM, Bil Swartz wrote:

> I've heard the old "no soul" comment applied to viffers and st-1100's
> alot
> and disagree strongly.

You're allowed to, that's why they make different bikes for different
people.

I test rode the SuperHawk and the VFR the same day I test rode the
Sprint back in 1999. First up was the SuperHawk. Now that bike has
soul. Unfortunately, being a 40 years old at the time and recuperating
from pulling my back, the seating position was too radical. Next up was
the VFR. Everything was ok, it just didn't stir me in any way. At the
time I thought about asking Mr. Honda if I could order a VFR with a
SuperHawk motor.

Then up to Mountain View for the Sprint test ride. Short of the dual
trip meter and temp gauge, it had everything that the VFR had. But that
motor... it in love with it from the very beginning. I've always been a
fan of torque more than horsepower so that's the bias I had going in.
But instantly I knew the Sprint was worth the extra bucks.

I've owned singles, twins, triples and fours and the motors that
stirred me the most were the v-twins and triples. The fours were good
bikes, but I never fell in love with them like I did with the Visions
and the Sprint.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned