Re: [ST] ST alternatives

Since we are having this comparo OT thing going on. Yeah, I debated about the VFR and the ST for a long time. Having owned a super reliable Hawk GT I was attracted to the VFR, besides it shared a lot of mechanical similarities to the VFR...ok, the motor, range suspension, and wind protection are completely different but the SSSA and the frame are remarkably similar. ;-) Ok maybe it was the reliability that I was going after.

  But I too fell completely in love with the ST once I rode it. I was a huge fan of the low end torque the Hawk was throwing down and was somewhat disappointed in the VFR. I am not saying it wasn't there, I just wanted something a bit more. Maybe my expectation was let down and it allowed me to really consider the ST. I can totally appreciate the VFR, I just like my ST better!

Kevin Byram <blubyu352@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  On this hypothetical about alternative sport-tourer to the Sprint - Isn't the Honda VFR most often compared to the Sprint??
You can start an endless debate (and I hope I haven't) :) about which is the better bike, but the one undeniable fact is they are similar in many ways. I think someone told me Honda is finally offering a hard luggage option for it.
The other bike I kinda think is similar is the Kawasaki ZZR 1200. Looks like decent ergos good wind protection not sure if you can get hard bags or not.
I know when I was searching for a bike I just wasn't ready to go the sportTOURER route, i.e. Concours, Trophy etc. The sprint just feels right to me.
Kevin Byram
Northeast Ohio, USA
2001 Sprint ST