Re: [ST] ST alternatives

I recently got straight onto a VFR 800 after jumping off my RS and i was really dissapointed.
 I'd heard and read the hype for the last 10 years or so and believed that the VFR  was that
 good. It handles well is comfortable and undoubtably is built to last - no bits of corrosion or
rusty bolt heads like my RS (but that has got 28000 miles on it in 5 years). The thing i felt that
 let it down was the engine - in the wrong gear at the wrong time it chugs like my old Shovel head
 Harley. On my RS there is'nt such a thing as the wrong gear at the wrong time - it'll pull cleanly
from 30 mph in top without a hint of a judder whereas the VFR performs best if you play with
 the box and give it loads of stick. which of course shows in the fuel consumption.

                                                Chris.