Re: [ST] ST alternatives - VFR

I do believe that the ST was designed to compete directly with the VFR.
The VFR does have character, but it is different from the ST. The Honda V4,
especially with the gear driven cams is a very interesting motor. Like almost
all Honda's, the VFR is about rev's, rev's and more rev's.

David W. Funk
'00 Sprint ST

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:32:04 +0000, chris matthews wrote:

>I recently got straight onto a VFR 800 after jumping off my RS and i was
really dissapointed.
> I'd heard and read the hype for the last 10 years or so and believed that the
VFR  was that
> good. It handles well is comfortable and undoubtably is built to last - no bits
of corrosion or
>rusty bolt heads like my RS (but that has got 28000 miles on it in 5 years).
The thing i felt that
> let it down was the engine - in the wrong gear at the wrong time it chugs
like my old Shovel head
> Harley. On my RS there is'nt such a thing as the wrong gear at the wrong
time - it'll pull cleanly
>from 30 mph in top without a hint of a judder whereas the VFR performs
best if you play with
> the box and give it loads of stick. which of course shows in the fuel
consumption.