From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joel Ashman
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 10:07 AM
To: Sprint ST List
Subject: [ST] Helmet Recommendations for Headset

OK,

So I rode to VA from State College, PA this weekend, and put about 4
hours
in each way (taking the long way there and back).  It's PAINFULLY
obvious
that my Caberg Justissimo helmet just isn't going to cut it any longer.
It's WAY too noisy, and it's so compact inside that the padding around
my
ears actually hurts with or without earplugs.  With earbuds, it's almost
too
painful from the start.  I can't get my headset from my Autocomm in it
either because of the flip-up.  I like the Autocomm because I can attach
my
phone and iPod, and even GPS Nav at the same time.

So, with those in mind, I'm looking for a new helmet, non-flipup, that I
can
get my headset into.  I remember HJC, who used to own Chatterbox (and
maybe
still does?), made most of their helmets with little pockets for the
headset
for the Chattterbox.  I had a Shoei RF-700 that I really liked until it
was
ruined by mold (don't ask!) but I had to do some work to get the headset
in
place comfortably.

Oh yeah, I'm not looking to drop $400US or more.  If I could keep things
under $300US or closer to $200US, that'd be better.  I'm also a fan of
solid
colors instead of fancy graphics, so that ususally saves $$

Thanks!

--Joel