From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joel Ashman
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 5:24 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Helmet Recommendations for Headset

I'm not limiting myself per say.  It's just that I'd like to stay with
something reasonable.  If it turns out that the best helmet that fits is
$350, then $350 it is.  I think I got my Shoei for aroun $225-275 (been
6
years now), and I think the Caberg was the same.  I also agree that
one's
head is irreplacable (not what my wife says, BTW) and that it should be
properly protected.  I understand that + $$$ = + protection  (most of
the
time).  I just want to stay away from the race versions of the helmets
(replica paint), the ultra light helmets (weight never really bothered
me),
and the other useless gadgets that drive up the price.

I was just reading about the Aria sizing on WebBikeWorld, and was going
check it out.  I'm 5' 5" and have to wear an XL because of the long oval
shaped head (top down).  I guess my head is just naturally aerodynamic!

Thanks for all the tips!

--Joel