Re: [ST] Harley with altitude.

Interesting.  Also, another prized engine for home made aircraft is the flat
6 cylinder from the old Corvair.

Basically the things that make auto engines great don't apply to aircraft
engines because of the varied atmospheric conditions that they have to
operate in.

There are some excellent sites on the mods to the Corvair motor to optimize
it for aircraft.  How do I know?  I've been dreaming about building a
modernized VW Buggy (fiberglass body with a box frame) and using a twin
turbo Corvair instead of the flat 4 VW motor. You can easily grab 300+ HP.
Seem them as high as 550HP in sand rails.

--J