Re: [ST] Wind

>The wind had moved it backwards about 10 foot, and then blown it
over. <

This nearly happened to my then brandnew TDM in Spain last september.
I parked on the top of a mountain, on an extremely windy parking
place which was located in the base of the clouds, which were
howling past. The wind chill up there was pretty high, so I parked
the bike with the nose into the wind so it wouldn't fall over...

Well, falling over it didn't do. I walked away to some old ruin
about a 100 meters further to shelter myself from the freezing
storm and clouds so I could put on my colar and warmer gloves.
Then when glancing towards my bike I saw it rolling backwards,
while on its sidestand, very slowy! Aaarrgghh!!! I ran towards
the bike just in time to prevent it from literally falling of
the mountain and set it in first gear. Then I took this pic to
proof what happened (stuff like that always happens when nobody
is watching of course :-)):
http://piloot.smugmug.com/photos/115656005-L.jpg

I already dropped the TDM on a rocky slope a few days before to
help Markus who had dropped himself and his Sprint on that same slope
(no damage for him thanks to the new sliders he just mounted)
which left enough dents and scrapes to add up to 1450 euros worth
of damage (all paid by insurance fortunately). I replaced the crash
bars which I had then and didn't really help with sliders that
hopefully will function better if it happens again next time. I
was so happy the bike didn't fall of the mountain as well, Murphy
doesn't completely hate me I guess :-).

Emile
www.piloot.com