Re: [ST] 99 ST Tired ?

First is to check the torque on the battery terminals.  Twice now I've had hard starting issues and both times is was slightly loose battery terminals.

JDW

________________________________

From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Mybugg_David
Sent: Fri 12/15/2006 11:13 PM
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] 99 ST Tired ?

Hi all,
 I have been a lurker for about 3 years and really enjoy the post and the
information.  Hers is my problem.  I have a 99 St with 85k on it and it has
been using  alot of oil ( 1 qt per 500 mi).  Now is getting hard to start
when cold. Almost runs battery down before it will fire.  Don't know if the
oil and hard starting are related.  Other note is that when warm it starts
right up and runs fine. Valves were last adjusted at 62k and had very little
changes made.  Pretty much stock other than the K&N.  Last plugs and air
cleaner wash was at the 62k mark. No have not checked plugs yet.
Thoughts ?

Many thanks

David Scheick
Douglassville PA