[ST] R1100S Mirrors

I may have said this in a previous email but I don't recommend the means, just the end of this project.  I had purchased some SkyKing extenders for the ST and was not happy with them.  To me, they didn't look too good and the boot wouldn't stay in the groove.   I saw the mirrors on an R1100S a friend had and decided to make them fit.  That is exactly the correct description too, "MAKE them fit."  First you have to grind off the bottom of the BMW mirror because it has a rectangular hump that fits into the frame.  With that done, it takes a bit of dremel work to make the bolt holes line up.  It still wasn't out as far as I liked so I took the extenders from SkyKing and some long bolts I got from somewhere and put them in place.  The extenders and the base of the mirrors still looked wrong so I did some art work with my bench grinder on the extenders.  A little high gloss black paint on the extenders and there you are.  Oh yea, I put some rubber between the plastic and the exten
 der and
 had to make a spacer out of some tubing so I got a tight fit between the fairing support and the mirror without crushing the plastic.   This was not a case of bolt it on in five minutes.  I killed the better part of two or three evenings playing with it, but it was a labor of love.  Extenders and mirrors put the price tag at around $130